I’m Helen, a 53 year old mother of 2 teenage boys aged 16 and almost 18. I’m married to Chris and we live in North Wales in the UK. It’s a beautiful part of the world.
I started this little blog as I love trying new things. I read a lot of other blogs and thought – why not? – I’ll give that a go myself!
I expect I’ll write about all sorts of different things but I’m sure topics will include
- I love my holidays, exploring new and familiar places. Orlando in Florida is my favourite holiday destination and I hope to share lots of tips and tricks about taking a break in the most magical place on earth! Chris & I have lots of places on our Bucket List so watch this space to see if we ever get there!
- My whole house needs a declutter and I’ve recently discovered ‘Swedish Death Cleaning’ which sounds right up my street. You may like to join my challenge to complete my project in the next 12 months.
Planning and Organising
- I love lists, sorting and planning and I’d love to share some of my tips and tricks to manage these hectic lives of ours. Christmas and holidays are a particular organising favourite of mine.
- I started going deaf when I was 16 about the same time as I started going grey! (I’ve never wondered if the two were connected -ha! I highly doubt it). I wear 2 hearing aids and find deafness quite challenging in different ways. I’d like to write about the challenges facing deaf people in society today and also look at the humorous side – yes, there is one!
- Not many people know I have a driving phobia as a result of a panic attack in the Mersey tunnel in 1994. It’s a strange part of my life which I will mull over here at some point…
- A new way of cooking and eating for me – I’ve already lost a stone and have a final few pounds to go. I’m looking forward to sharing my story with you. Update: I reached my target in May 2018. Go me!
Find out how I have been successful at Slimming World here.
OK, that’s it for now! Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.