I’m Helen, a Welsh 53 year old mother of 2 teenage boys (15 & 17). Welcome to My Fifty Plus Life. I’m married to Chris who is 5 years my junior (as he keeps reminding me). I love my part time work as a teaching assistant with junior aged children. I also love the school holidays (count them!) and try to make the most of the time off by visiting different places.
Here are just a few of the plans I have to write about many things that are going on in my fifty plus life:
- My whole house needs a declutter and I’ve recently discovered ‘Swedish Death Cleaning’ which sounds right up my street. You may like to join my challenge to complete my project in the next 12 months.
Planning and Organising
- I love lists, sorting and planning and I’d love to share some of my tips and tricks to manage these hectic lives of ours.
- I started going deaf when I was 16 about the same time as I started going grey! (I’ve never wondered if the two were connected -ha! I highly doubt it). I wear 2 hearing aids and find deafness quite challenging in different ways. I’d like to write about the challenges facing deaf people in society today and also look at the humorous side – yes, there is one!
- Not many people know I have a driving phobia as a result of a panic attack in the Mersey tunnel in 1994. It’s a strange part of my life which I will mull over here at some point…
- A new way of cooking and eating for me – I’ve already lost a stone and have a final few pounds to go. I’m looking forward to sharing my story with you. Update: I reached my target in May 2018. Go me! Look out for my story – coming soon.
OK, that’s it for now! Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.